Aside from makeup, beauty boxes, travel, running and joining giveaways, I also love gift wrapping. I usually wrap gifts only during Christmas Season and I really love exerting extra effort for that. Buying materials is the hardest part because I want my gift wrap to be unique, so I have to find a unique paper and other materials. Once I already have the materials, it would be a lot easier for me to think of ways on how my gift wrap will look unique and more presentable. Today, I would love to share to you, my lovely readers, on how I made a DIY Cosmetic Organizer and Jewelry Box using my BDJ boxes. I am a BDJ Box subscriber since last year, and I kept all the boxes I’d got from the previous months. I’ve bee thinking of ways on how will I be able to re-use my boxes for quite a long time now. Good thing I was able to watch Nicole Romero’s, DIY: Recycle Your BDJ Box Into A Kikay Kit.
Things to be used:
- BDJ Boxes
- Shoe Box
- Tile Sticker
- Gift Wrapping Paper
- Shelf Liner
- Illustration Board
- Sticky Tapes
- Scrapbooking / Crafting Design Materials
Steps in Creating DIY Cosmetic Organizer:
1. To make the frame of the DIY Cosmetic Organizer more sturdy, measure and cut the Illustration Board just enough to cover the sides of the BDJ Box.
2. Wrap the shoe box using your chosen wrapping paper. For my DIY Cosmetic Organizer, I used a tile sticker I got from Ace Hardware.
3. Cut one side of the BDJ Box lid and the extra carton from the other two sides.
4. Secure the edges of the lid with sticky tape.
5. Put some double-sided tape on the sides of the BDJ box lid.
6. Layer the BDJ Box lid inside the shoe box. Make sure that the space interval is enough for the BDJ box.
7. Check if the BDJ boxes would fit inside the shoe box.
8. Make a tiny hole at the middle of the BDJ Box.
9. Place the Jelly Flower with lock in that hole. I got these Jelly flower with lock at National Bookstore.
10. Place the shelf liner inside the BDJ Box.
11. Put all the BDJ Boxes inside the shoe box.
We now have our DIY Cosmetic Organizer.
You may now put some of your makeups, cosmetic tools, and other kikay stuff inside the DIY Cosmetic Organizer.
For the DIY Jewelry Box, I recreated Nicole and Beam’s steps on how to recycle your BDJ Box into a kikay kit. You may check out the video here. I just used my BDJ Elite Box instead.
I really enjoyed doing this. It is my first time to try creating my own organizer and I would definitely create more of this. I hope you like my oown version of DIY Cosmetic Organizer and Jewelry Box!
Let me know if you also made your own DIY Cosmetic Organizer or Jewelry Box. I would love to see the photos of your creation. .^_^.
Live like you’re dying.